The NW-31280-4 error on the PS4 is a darker error code, which appears suddenly warning players that their PS4 cannot connect to the Internet. They cannot play online games, view their friends list or access YouTube or other applications. The PS4 simply separates the internet in its entirety.
This seems to be more of a general error than a specific one, and it can have many different causes and solutions to solve it. There could be a number of reasons why your PS4 cannot connect to the Internet, including a weak Wi-Fi signal from the router, or the PSN or wider Internet in your area that has problems.
More commonly, however, this connection error refers to a weak Wi-Fi connection with your router, and either moves to the wired LAN, resetting the console or reconfiguring and updating your Internet settings seems to solve this problem. . There may also be an IP conflict where your PS4 is trying to use and the IP address that another device on the network is already using, and moves to a different IP often resolves this.
We will run through some of the different ways PS4 users have fixed this error message in more detail.
Quick solutions to correct a PS4 error Code NW-31280-4
Browsing through the various forums, here is a list of quick fixes that have worked for different PS4 users in resolving this error code.
Very often, it seems that they simply boil down to a poor Wi-Fi connection between the router and the console, or IP address conflict, and, either reconfiguring or resetting in different ways often restores the connection and gets rid of The error message
- Move your PS4 and router closer.
- Quickly reset your PS4 and router.
- Resetting your PS4 hardware and router, disconnect them completely for 10-15 minutes before reconnecting them. Especially try this if your PS4 has been at rest for a long time.
- Make sure your PS4 is fully up to date. Go to the settings … Software update system to check.
- Restore the default settings on your PS4 in Safe mode - watch the video . Option number 4 is to use. Simply reset all default connection and game settings; No data is deleted.
- Use wired LAN connections instead of wireless technology. Ethernet connections are always better than wireless for games . See the next section for more information on this.
- Use the WPS button to connect via Wi-Fi. This is a button that appears on the router; Press and hold the key until it starts to flash and then run through the Wi-Fi connection settings on your PS4, selecting the WPS option while the button is still flashing on your router.
- Set up the connection via WiFi, but select Personalize instead of easy when commissioning. Then, run through all the options, without changing them and finish the installation and test the connection. Sometimes it works.
- Connect with a LAN cable temporarily and configure a connection in this way. Then reconfigure via Wi-Fi again if you prefer to use a wireless network, for now, leaving the LAN cable plugged in. Once your WiFi is connected, unplug the LAN cable and the WiFi should work.
- Changing the Wi-Fi band of the console is connected from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz or vice versa. See Solution # 1 of this article to know how to do this. Use the other band to what you are using now.
- There may be an IP conflict addressed. Try setting a static IP address for your PS4, according to Solution # 3 in this article . For the last part of your IP, choose a number greater than 100 but less than 254. If you are using a static IP address, switch back to automatic or Easy configuration and see if this works.
Leaving the PS4 in sleep mode for a long time, several hours or more, it is also a very common cause of this error message and fully resetting your console a few times can sometimes eliminate all round-trip settings everything resets it at the point where it can connect again.
In fact all the above solutions are basically different ways to reset all network settings and return to the default settings and start over with a new connection, new IP address, etc .
Anyone who has tried all these solutions and still cannot get this error message resolved, or they are receiving a different error message, leave a note in the comments, or check out our other PS4 error codes that we have covered.
The use of wired connections for the game if possible
As we mentioned in relation to PS4 error messages before, many of them often as a result of using Wi-Fi to connect and get a weak or unreliable signal as a result. Unfortunately, this is largely integrated in the way WiFi works, since wireless RF signals are always prone to attrition and weakening over distance.
This is why it is always better to be on wired LAN / Ethernet connections for the game whenever possible, since they always produce a more reliable and consistent connection for the WiFi game, especially as we get from the router. See our article on the many benefits of wired connections via WiFi for games.
If you are only using Wi-Fi, first because it is too far from the router to run an Ethernet cable directly, and then consider a Powerline / PLC adapter as an alternative way to get on a wired connection, even at a distance from the router
Powerline adapter kits consist of a pair of adapters, one of which is connected to your router and others of which is connected to your PS4. The two adapters then communicate through the existing electrical wiring of the house to deliver a strong Internet connection, by cable to the receiving end, even if it is several rooms away from the router and the Wi-Fi signal is weak there .
They are smart home network solutions that can help with exactly this WiFi problem being too weak for PS4 users when it has too many walls or floors along the way, and the Wi-Fi signal that remains failing and the Attrition, the delivery of these connection error messages as error NW-31280-4.
PLC adapters take advantage of the fact that copper wiring can transmit data, as well as electricity, and effectively turn your power outlet into a wired Ethernet connection, without going through Wi-Fi together and gives you the advantages of a cable connection (low latency, higher bandwidth, consistent signal) without having to install long cables through the house.
They can be an excellent solution for players and are worthy of consideration for players if they are on WiFi and they are still suffering from mismatch or receiving these PS4 connection error messages. Watch the video just below a demonstration of how PLC technology works.