Like most instant messaging applications, WhatsApp allows you to create a group to send messages to many people at once. You can add up to 256 people, as long as they are in the contacts of your phone.
It is an ideal opportunity to carry out direct consultations, survey specific audiences and obtain first-hand information for your market studies. They are also a perfect tool to organize events with your clients and with your company's employees (internal marketing). Or you can send reminders and promote your special offers.
We show you how to create a group:
- Open the WhatsApp application.
- In the "Chats" window, tap on the "New group" option. This should be in the upper right corner of the Chats menu. You will need to have at least one chat in your Chats menu before you can create it; if you just installed WhatsApp, simply send a one-word chat to a contact to activate the "New group" option.
- Touch a contact's name to add it. You can do this with up to 256 people. The name and icon of each person you add will be displayed at the top of the screen as you add contacts.
-You can also search for specific contacts from the search bar at the top of the WhatsApp screen.
-You can not add people who are not currently in your contacts.
- Touch "Next" in the upper right corner of your screen. This will take you to the creation page. From here, you can: - Add
a "Group title" to name it (25 characters maximum).
-Add a photo by touching the camera icon to the left of the name field.
-Remove participants from the group before you formally form it.
- Touch "Create" in the upper right corner of your screen. You have officially created a group on WhatsApp!
The groups are ideal to know the opinion of the public before the launch of new products.